Friday 22 February 2013

Same old thing

I'm starting to adjust.  It's still difficult some days.  Most people work and so the days can be long and boring.  It was different when I had little ones at home.  They kept me busy and there were things we could do and places to go.  I have in a sense more free time than I would like.  I have great intentions of my house being the neatest in town but that quite frankly is a huge understatement!  The more I look around the more overwhelmed I feel.  It's not too bad to keep up with the basics but the extras!  That's what kills me!  I also need someone here to inspire me. lol  I kind of feel like a factory worker who works on an assembly line.  Doing the same old thing day in and day out.  Dishes, laundry, vacuum, cook.  Dishes, laundry, vacuum, cook.  I try to feel joy and excitement in it, but I just can't.  It's so utterly boring!  I think it doesn't help that it's winter.  I can't wait for summer! 

This blog wasn't meant to be about complaining about housework. It's supposed to let you know how much of a life adjustment it is.  And it doesn't happen overnight that you become accustomed to it.  Hockey life is winding down and then I wonder...what will fill my evenings then?  Will they be as boring as my mornings and afternoons?  It's gonna make for a REALLY long day then.  How do I stay inspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment