Monday 6 May 2013

Spring Has Finally Sprung!

It's been just over 6 months since I was officially diagnosed with MS, and it some ways it seems like an eternity ago.  I look at how far I've come, the obstacles that I've had to go through, with my family along side me every step of the way, and I can't begin to describe the change in me.  I'm not saying this in a gloating way, but looking at it from the perspective that only God could change me in the way that I have been changed.  My outlook on life is very different.  The small things actually seem small, and changing my life focus from a selfish "what's next?" "what do I want to do?" to a "what does God have in store for me?" kind of focus.  I have had to rely on Him and right now I am at a place of surrendering and asking God, "What do you want for my life?"  I haven't had a choice seeing that all of MY plans have left me lying flat on my back like a rug being pulled out from under me and I have no other option but to look up. 

I have decided to volunteer as much as I possibly can.  Where and what kind of things I don't know, but that is where God is leading me.  I have always enjoyed working with people and helping them so in this way I will be able to still do that.  There have been a couple of things that I have signed up for, one being a very small thing, while the other is quite a bit more time consuming but something that works for me by being flexible and something that I can do from home most of the time. 

Spring has finally sprung and so it has in my heart as well. 

A Psalm for giving thanks.

Psalm 100:1-5
 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5 For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment