Friday 19 April 2013

Great Support

I am so thankful to have such a great support system.  I have my family who is with me every step of the way, and many friends who have helped along the way.  Just yesterday I was with an awesome group of ladies.  They have all signed up to participate in the MS walk and are great encouragers for me.

Just the other day a lady from our church saw the kids at school and gave 2 of them money for the MS walk and told how great it was that they were taking part in it.  It's the little things that count.  Hearing words of encouragement given to my kids is a small thing to do but means so much.

I also got to go away last weekend with Shawn and another couple we know, while my mother-in-law stayed with the kids.  It was really nice to get away for a bit.  Just to have time to do whatever we wanted and not think about all the daily stresses.

Having support is crucial!  And this communtity has been fantastic. You know the saying that when you go through hard times you find out who your true friends are?  Well I am soooo happy that the people who I thought were my friends really are!!   When I am down or struggling I have people to turn to.  What a lucky lady I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment