Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mountain Tops and Valleys

It's been a pretty awesome week!  I really have had a productive, feeling good, past few days.  Yesterday not so much but that was cause I had a LONG weekend.  Not really used to getting up at 6:00am for 2 days in a row. LOL  I took some steroids right before spring break and it's too bad they didn't have their full effect until after the break was over, but having said that, I now am doing pretty darn good:) 

As great as I feel, there is unfortunately always a downside.  Always some lasting remnants of the relapse.  This time it's not too noticeable, but still present.  The front of my legs, (shin area) is losing it's sensitivity.  I wouldn't say it's completely numb but there is a lack of sensation.  If I rub it or shave my legs I can't feel it.  And there is a bit of numbness in my toes, but mostly at the tips and not on all of them. 

I did go for a walk the other day.  It wasn't very long, only to the Subway.  But as I was walking my feet and legs got number and number.  When I got there I sat down and my whole legs tingled.  They tingled for a good 2 hours after.  That wasn't something I had expected and it didn't last but just something new to get used to. 

Having said that I am still feeling decently good.  It's nice to feel excited and happy about life again.  I didn't realize how low I was til I was able to look at the valley from the mountain top.  I know more valleys are coming but right now I'm going to enjoy the view.

God graciously gives us mountain top experiences so we are able to navigate the many valleys in our lives, not so we can stay on the mountain. So, cherish these mountain top experiences, and draw from them in the valleys.  (Saw this and thought it was pretty fitting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment