Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas

So Christmas went quite well.  We had a great time with Shawn's family.  Christmas Eve was when we did our traditional turkey supper.  I must say that it was a tough day.  By the time supper was done I was pooped!  I slept for a couple of hours after supper.  It felt like I had been on my feet ALL day!  I used the example of when Shawn and I used to work at McDonald's and would work all day without a break....that's what it felt like except I had only been in the kitchen the afternoon.  Christmas Day I slept in the afternoon. 

What I realize is that I can't do a full day.  I can't do a day that is full of walking around or standing up.  I get tired way too easily.  Usually I can putz around the house and sit at the rink.  A day like that still puts me to bed early and sometimes with an afternoon nap, but a person's regular day...I can't make it through.  I have to sit.  It's so hard to explain, but this fatigue thing is gonna be an issue unless I find a job that i can sit at.  And I don't want to spend all of my energy at a job and have none left for home...it's a bit of a dilemma.

Today we are heading to the city to see a couple of my brothers and their families.  Looking forward to it!  But I think I'll nap on the way in. JK LOL

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for you that you can have rest and be able to enjoy your time with your family.
    From Debbie Letkeman, a caring friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that these things have become so difficult for you at your young age...you were used to having energy. I'm needing and enjoying naps because I'm a Grandma and so that's expected!I know that you will learn to choose which activities/meals are worth the extra effort even if you do need a nap but for now take your naps when you need them! Praying for you as you adjust to this life...for now. Irene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!!

      Delete