Friday 26 October 2012

Reality

Reality is tough.  So many people have so many opinions and ideas.  They come with huge hearts, wanting to help and give insight as best as they know how.  Figuring out what my reality is....well it's a process. 

I have learned over these past few weeks that you can't run from everyone and you can't close your ears.  I can however look deep and search what is best for me.  There are so many ideas and possablilities of things that "might" work or help but in the end I need to come to those conclusions on my own.  Yesterday was a day of reality.

What is my reality?  What is the reality of MS?  There is no cure.  No way to make it go away.  I can try different methods such as vitamins, massage, physio, chiroprator, etc. to help with circulation and symptoms but that's all it is....trying.  There is no guarantee.  Everyone is different.  It may help relieve symptoms or it might not. Am I willing to try?  Sure I am.  Those are things worth trying.  Trying some John Doe's concoction for only $99.99 is not!  Or flying to Timbuck Two for some miracle surgery!  There are drugs out there that help people stay in a relapse mode.  But that is different all together.

I saw the neurologist yesterday and I will have to start going to the MS Center in Winnipeg to talk about these different drugs.  I am classified in the Relapse Remitting category, which is about 80% of people diagnosed with MS. Yesterday, I found that my reality is that I have to wait for my symptoms to go away.  There is no known drug that can fix me while in a relapse state.  So here is where I learn patience.  He told me there is nothing I can take to make the numbness go away, or bring strength back into my hands, or keep me from being dizzy.  I just have to wait.  So I will try a few of the ideas, one of them being to continue taking the Vitamin D and Alpha Lipoic Acid, as well as try some physio to help keep my muscles from tightening.  I also was blessed with someone offering to give me a couple of massages to try and help with some circulation.

Most people when they relapse have one or two new things happen, mine however is quite a few due to the number of new spots.  So right now I need to be patient and wait.....that is my reality.

Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment