Tuesday 24 December 2013

Reflection

Thinking about last year.  What was it like?  Very different.  This time last year, I was in the middle of a relapse, unable to write, clean, cook (properly).  I don't really remember how I got through making Christmas dinner, but I did.  We were struggling.  With a recent diagnosis, adjusting to one income, (as I wasn't receiving medical leave), paying for meds, and just overall life.  It was hard on everyone.  Our friends and family showed their outpouring support through many ways.  We were in a valley.  A valley where the mountain seemed almost unsurmountable.  I obviously found this extremely difficult but so did everyone else around me.  And that's what I forget sometimes.  How does my MS affect those around me?  Especially the ones close to me.

Do they forget? Maybe at times but not completely.  I see it in my dad especially.  We don't see each other often since he lives in Thompson but it's the goodbyes.  There is always a moment where he wants to find an answer.  To have a reason as to why this is.  As a mom I can't really imagine what it's like to be in my parents position.  What if it was my kid?  What if they got sick?  Maybe I can imagine, but it's not a very comforting thought.

Which brings me to Christmas.  How you ask?  Well Christmas is a time to be thankful and to remember what Christ did for me.  How did his mom, Mary, feel watching him be hung from a cross.  Yes Christmas is about Jesus' birth but without his birth we wouldn't have the salvation we can have if we choose.  I have comfort through Jesus and I hope that during this season you can take time to reflect and see the freedom and peace you can have through Jesus too.  And remember the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment