Thursday 21 March 2013

More Steroids

I've been very fortunate to have my parents out for the past week.  I think it has helped lift my spirits in the sense that I am not at home by myself all the time with too much time to think.  I guess having my kids home for an extra 2 days because of storm days has helped a bit too. LOL

Unfortunately my symptoms haven't gone away and are starting to get slightly worse.  My left leg is pretty weak and the buzzing down my back returned yesterday evening.  I can even feel a bit of "fuzziness" in my lips.

 I have talked to the MS clinic over the past week and had to go for a urine test, because apparently a bladder infection can cause symptoms, however that came back negative.  They called again yesterday to see if things had improved but with the current prognosis things are looking a little bleak.  I was told that most relapses last 2-3 weeks.  I wish!!  Mine have lasted more like 3-4 months!  Last time I took steroids via IV for 5 days after I had had symptoms for about 7 weeks.  This time it has been 3 weeks and based on things still deteriorating I opted for taking steroids again.  Especially since I am heading to Thompson for Spring Break with my parents. 

So today I started on 1250mg of Prednisone.  I am taking 25 pills per day!  Thankfully it's only for 3 days!  Hopefully this helps and the inflammation goes down within the next week or two.  It would be nice to be able to feel the ground properly again and not feel like I'm going to fall over or have my leg give out on me every time I need to go somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. What can a person say to encourage you when we have never walked that road. I will pray for you when God puts you on my heart. If you like company during the day, I would love to come for a visit once in a while. (I could even do a little house work)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. I know that so many people are praying but it's nice to hear it sometimes. Gives me encouragement:). I would love to have coffee sometime. ( or tea if that's your thing. Lol)

      Delete
  2. Hi Charis!
    I just found out from Trish (MS walk) about what's been going on with you in the last while. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    I'm not sure if you know this, but I've been dealing with autoimmune disorders the last 12 years and am very familiar with the issues of being stuck at home and frustrated with a unpredictable body, and all the family and faith issues that come with that. Not saying it's the same as dealing with MS at all, but if you'd like to chat (or yell!) feel free to get my contact info from Trish.

    -Kimberly (from youth group in Thompson)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kim, it's been a loooong time! Good to hear from you! I had no idea that you faced those struggles but thank you for the thoughts and prayers... Sometimes that is the best thing a person can do for you:)

      Delete