Saturday 17 May 2014

Who's The Boss?

We have been renovating our coffee shop. Well actually I haven't, just the boys and friends. I've sorted through dishes and kitchen stuff. It's lots of work. Lots of planning. I'm not sure exactly what this will look like for me but I'm excited to be able to be part of something on my own. I can be there when it suits me and when I'm able. I'll have to learn my limits and although the beginning will surely push me to my limits it's a price I'm willing to pay. I love being with people and I love coffee!  I can't hold down a job due to consistency and so being an owner of a small business where I can be in charge of me with only my own expectations to worry about is great. It's something that when I was first diagnosed I would never have thought possible. Sometimes you need to change your plans and have things adapt for you. I won't be able to do this cafe the way I would like....at least not at first. I wish I could everything I want right away but these are some of the things that I will have to learn to accept. I am an owner, not an employee and I can only do what I can to help things run smoothly and to train those who have the same passion. I pray for good reliable staff because that is one thing I will definitely be relying on. I have an amazing family who have encouraged and supported me and I'm not alone in this. Shawn will be a part of it as well. I guess him having 8 years (and a few myself) of McDonald's management skills will come in handy. See McD's is not all bad!!  But our coffee shop will be better. 😉 LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment