Monday 23 September 2013

The Things I Know

Sunday was a good day.  I had two people who came up to me and told me I looked great!  Yup that was a nice way to start the day! LOL  But that wasn't the only reason it was a good day...I realized or was reminded of some truths that I know.  What are those truths?  God made me. Well duh you say!?  No but God made ME!  As an individual he put thought and effort into making me!  And I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Psalm 139:14. 

This isn't something that I often think about, but even this wasn't what struck me the most.  God has a plan and purpose for my life.  What is that?  Right now I don't know.  But here's the kicker...His plans for my life NEVER changed just because mine did..........He gave me talents and gifts and I still have a life that belongs to him.  I don't know what that plan is, but I need to prepare myself for it and search for what God wants me to do. 

I've put limits on myself.  Being apprehensive to commit to things because I'm afraid I will let people down.  That I'll have bad days or weeks and will have to back out of those commitments.  I've never let this disease tell me I can't do something at all but I have let it stop me from making anything a permanent decision because of the "what ifs".  I need to ask God what he wants me to do and trust that that is the best plan for my life.  My gut tells me that it's something more than going back to work to just make money so we can have more stuff, but then again maybe that's just my desire right now.

I also know one more thing and that is through Jesus I have can have peace.  That is something that no person can give me. 

Philippians 4:7 NLT
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. It's been very encouraging for me to see how you have accepted this life God has given you and are now walking through it with Him, Charis. Another verse to go along with this one is "Let the peace of God rule in your hearts ..." Col. 3:15.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Charis! This is some powerful stuff you are sharing, thank you for the encouraging thoughts and insights and way to go for taking truth and kicking some butt on the darkness. So cool!

    ReplyDelete